About MDM Policy & Practice
Medical Decision Making Policy & Practice (MDM P&P) is an open access journal that offers rigorous and systematic applications of decision science that are designed to improve the health and clinical care of individuals and to assist with health-policy development. MDM P&P focuses on the application of current theories, methods, and approaches from a variety of disciplines to important problems facing clinical and health policy decision-makers, including patients, providers, producers, and payers.
MDM P&P focuses on important topics such as:
- Optimal strategies for patient care and policy decision making for specific health conditions
- Approaches to improving individual and group medical decision-making processes
- Shared decision making and patient decision support
- Decision and cost-effectiveness analyses
- Health technology assessment
- Examples of teaching decision making
We are most interested in manuscripts that are exemplary applications of standard methods to important problems.
For information on advertising in our journal, please email email@example.com
Become a Member
SMDM members contribute critically to health policy research in the areas of evidence-based medicine, cost effective health care, patient decision making and public health. SMDM helps you to be more than just a face in the crowd. The connections you make through SMDM can help you build a network of long-term contacts to help you throughout your career.
MDM offers rigorous and systematic approaches to decision making that are designed to improve the health and clinical care of individuals and to assist with health policy development.