First Articles Available for NEW Open Access Journal, Medical Decision Making Policy & Practice
SMDM is pleased to announce the launch of a new, open access journal, titled Medical Decision Making Policy & Practice (MDM P&P).
Click here to view the first collection of articles.
Medical Decision Making Policy & Practice (MDM P&P) offers rigorous and systematic applications of decision science that are designed to improve the health and clinical care of individuals and to assist with health-policy development. MDM P&P focuses on the application of current theories, methods, and approaches from a variety of disciplines to important problems facing clinical and health policy decision-makers, including patients, providers, producers, and payers.
MDM P&P focuses on important topics such as:
- Optimal strategies for patient care and policy decision making for specific health conditions
- Approaches to improving individual and group medical decision-making processes
- Shared decision making and patient decision support
- Decision and cost-effectiveness analyses
- Health technology assessment
- Examples of teaching decision making
We are most interested in manuscripts that are exemplary applications of standard methods to important problems.
MDM offers rigorous and systematic approaches to decision making that are designed to improve the health and clinical care of individuals and to assist with health policy development.