Benefits of Membership
SMDM Members have access to a wide variety of networking, educational and career development resources. Following is a sample of benefits SMDM members receive:
- Access to a network of health decision scientists around the world
- SMDM Connect ─ Inclusion in and access to SMDM’s online resource and networking center. You can post and contribute in the Member Forum, view resources and job openings, catch up on recent issues of the e-newsletter and MDM Journal, and get involved in Interest Groups
- Medical Decision Making ─ The Society’s journal in print and/or online subscriptions. The journal is devoted to the theory and practice of medical decision making
- Discounts on SMDM’s North American and European Meetings and Conferences
- Discounts on educational offerings, including short courses and online educational resources
- Quarterly E-Newsletter ─ Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter issues
- Job Postings and resources geared toward health decision scientists
- Educational modules created by leaders in the field of medical decision making
- Syllabi other members have created for their courses
- Mentoring and career development opportunities
Become a Member
SMDM members contribute critically to health policy research in the areas of evidence-based medicine, cost effective health care, patient decision making and public health. SMDM helps you to be more than just a face in the crowd. The connections you make through SMDM can help you build a network of long-term contacts to help you throughout your career.
"My involvement in SMDM has led to new perspectives I do not find anywhere else"continue »
MDM offers rigorous and systematic approaches to decision making that are designed to improve the health and clinical care of individuals and to assist with health policy development.