Meeting Fees and Policies
The 2020 SMDM Virtual Annual Meeting program has been modified, and its registration fees significantly lowered to encourage a much wider attendance. Key options include:
- The Meeting will take place on each of the four Tuesdays in October. Many sessions will be pre-recorded and available to registrants to view throughout the month of October.
- Short courses are being offered (separate registration required) on the second and third Tuesday in October.
- Special membership packages are offered for members who renew their membership for 2021 – recognizing budget challenges in these unusual times, members are being offered the option to either pay the low virtual meeting registration fee, or have it waived.
- New member incentives – join the SMDM now for membership to be activated immediately through December of 2021 – and also receive complimentary attendance to the meeting.
- Deeply discounted rates are available for trainees and people from Low-Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
- Free (yes, free) access to the Keynote Sessions focused on Covid-19 to anyone who registers.
Registration Fees and Payment Information
- All fees listed are in US Dollars (USD).
- Credit Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
- If you are unable to pay by credit card, please contact SMDM at info@SMDM.org to make other arrangements.
- Undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in clinical or non-clinical settings, and post-doctoral students, residents and fellows who are in academic settings qualify as trainees for discounted pricing. Faculty and full-time research employees do not qualify as trainees. Trainees who register for the meeting must complete and e-mail the Trainee Verification Form to info@SMDM.org in order to verify their Trainee status.
- Register for the full meeting to be able to participate in the many non-scientific program events, such as the special professional development, mentoring, and social activities taking place during the virtual meeting.
- Please see the Policies section below to view more information on additional meeting registration policies.
A full refund minus a USD 25 processing fee is available for written cancelations received by Wednesday September 23, 2020. Registration is tied to your email address, which must be used to sign into the virtual meeting site. In the unlikely event that SMDM shall deem it necessary to cancel the meeting, all pre-paid registration fees will be reimbursed.
Consent to Use of Images
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, SMDM's Annual Meeting, and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to SMDM's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such events and activities.
While these programs are designed to provide accurate information regarding the subject matter covered, the views, opinions and recommendations expressed are those of the authors and speakers, not the Association. By producing publications and sponsorship of this event, the Association does not guarantee the accuracy of the information disseminated and is not engaged in rendering professional advice; if such advice is desired, you should seek the services of a competent professional.
Consent to Receive Communications from SMDM
Registering for and attending this event constitutes consent for the Society for Medical Decision Making to communicate with you via fax, e-mail, mail, text messaging, instant messaging, social media and to make you aware of its products and services.
It is the undeviating policy of SMDM to comply strictly with the letter and spirit of all International, Federal, State, and applicable trade regulations and antitrust laws. Any activities of SMDM or SMDM-related actions of its officers, Executive Committee Members, or members that violate these regulations and laws are detrimental to the interests of SMDM and are unequivocally contrary to SMDM policy.
Intellectual Property Rights
All content delivered at SMDM Meetings and on the SMDM web site, such as presentations, algorithms, program code, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, is the property of the Speaker or its suppliers and is not to be used for personal gain, publication, and cannot be used without referencing the Speaker and the source of the information. As property of the Speaker or its suppliers, it also cannot be used by others to obtain a patent or claim royalties.
SMDM Shared Set of Values and Expectations Regarding Conduct
SMDM aims to create a welcoming and open environment at its meetings. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our values and expectations:
We demonstrate respect for others through clarity and brevity in our interactions with oral presenters.
We acknowledge the value of work even as we identify concerns or flaws.
We believe that criticism should always be constructive, balanced, and actionable.
We always provide criticism with the goal of making the work better.
MDM offers rigorous and systematic approaches to decision making that are designed to improve the health and clinical care of individuals and to assist with health policy development.