Dependent Care Scholarships
The Society for Medical Decision Making will be awarding up to USD 250 to virtual and up to USD 500 for in-person attendees at this year's meeting who need assistance with child, elder, or partner care ("dependent care") in order to participate fully in the meeting.
Thank you to all donors for their continued support to this scholarship fund.
Applications are encouraged from individuals who are the primary caregivers for children or for an adult family member(s) and who will need to provide care to fully participate in the 44th Annual Meeting.
Expenses covered by this policy may include:
• caregiver costs to allow the recipient to attend the meeting either in-person or virtually
Funding will be allocated based on the following considerations (list is not in a prioritized order):
• Resident of a low or middle-income country (LMIC)
• Trainee (e.g., student, resident, fellow) or early career status (≤7 years since completion of training)
• Statement of need
• Presenting author for an abstract (oral or poster), course instructor, panelist, or other active involvement in the meeting activities.
• Age of individual needing caregiver (5 and under and older adults may be slightly prioritized)
Proof of meeting registration will be required prior to funds being dispersed.
To apply please complete the application form and send a copy of your CV and an outline of budget expenses to Info@SMDM.org by September 25, 2022.
Awards will be announced no later than October 4, 2022.
MDM offers rigorous and systematic approaches to decision making that are designed to improve the health and clinical care of individuals and to assist with health policy development.