First Articles Available for NEW Open Access Journal, Medical Decision Making Policy & Practice
SMDM is pleased to announce the launch of a new, open access journal, titled Medical Decision Making Policy & Practice (MDM P&P).
Click here to view the first collection of articles.
Medical Decision Making Policy & Practice (MDM P&P) offers rigorous and systematic applications of decision science that are designed to improve the health and clinical care of individuals and to assist with health-policy development. MDM P&P focuses on the application of current theories, methods, and approaches from a variety of disciplines to important problems facing clinical and health policy decision-makers, including patients, providers, producers, and payers.
MDM P&P focuses on important topics such as:
- Optimal strategies for patient care and policy decision making for specific health conditions
- Approaches to improving individual and group medical decision-making processes
- Shared decision making and patient decision support
- Decision and cost-effectiveness analyses
- Health technology assessment
- Examples of teaching decision making
We are most interested in manuscripts that are exemplary applications of standard methods to important problems.
"The most benefits I get from the membership are getting informed of up-to-date information on health decision making as well as resources and tools for professionals in this area."continue »
MDM offers rigorous and systematic approaches to decision making that are designed to improve the health and clinical care of individuals and to assist with health policy development.